Volkswagen Jetta Golf GTI 1993 - 1999 Cabrio 1995 - 2002 Service Manual is a comprehensive and up-to-date source of maintenance and repair information for Volkswagen "A3" platform models sold in the USA and Canada. (The only manual that covers the VR6 AAA engine too).
• Volkswagen Cabrio 1995-2002
• Volkswagen Golf 1993-early 1999
• Volkswagen GTI 1993-early 1999
• Volkswagen Jetta 1993-early 1999
• 1.8L turbo gasoline (code ACC)
• 1.9L diesel (codes AAZ, 1Z, AHU)
• 2.0L gasoline (code ABA)
• 2.8L gasoline (code AAA)
Transmissions covered (removal, installation and external service):
• 020 and 021 5-speed transmission
• 096 and 01M 4-speed automatic
• Covers Volkswagen A3 models with "1H" or "1E" at position number 7 and 8 of 17-digit Vehicle ID Number (VIN).
• Includes GolfIII and JettaIII, Cl, GL, LE, GLS, GLX, GTI, City, Wolfsburg, Trek, K2 and Cabrio Highline editions.
• Tune-up and maintenance procedures, including resetting the Service Reminder Indicator (SRI).
• Engine and cylinder head service and reconditioning, including timing belt (4-cylinder) and timing chain (6-cylinder) repair.
• Explanation of Bosch Motronic, Mono-Motronic, Diesel Fuel Injection and Turbo Direct Injection (TDI) systems.
• Emission control tests, repairs, and adjustments, including Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Secondary Air Injection system.
• Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and axles.
• Suspension component replacement, including front struts, rear shocks, rear coil springs, and wheel bearing/hub units.
• Disk/drum brake repair and troubleshooting, including anti-lock brakes (ABS) and traction control (EDL)
• Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C blower motor replacement and specifications for R134a refrigerant.
• Body adjustment and repairs, including sunroof adjustments and manual/power Cabrio top.
• Wiring schematics, including fuse/relay locations and a general explanation of electrical circuitry.
• Volkswagen OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as control module coding.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.