by Robert Bentley Staff
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$245.00 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 9057 4158 to order by telephone
Quote order code RB-VP05
The Volkswagen Passat Service Manual: 1998-2005 is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for Volkswagen Passat models built on the B5 platform from 1998 through 2005. Service to Volkswagen owners is of top priority to Volkswagen and has always included the continuing development and introduction of new and expanded services. The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity, clarity and completeness, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures, and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it yourself Volkswagen owner, this manual will help you understand, care for, and repair your Volkswagen.
Though the do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of the same detailed maintenance and repair information available at an authorized Volkswagen dealer, the Volkswagen owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
● 1.8L turbo gasoline (engine code(s): AEB, ATW, AUG, AWM)
● 2.8L gasoline (engine code(s): AHA, ATQ)
● 4.0L gasoline (engine code: BDP)
● 5-speed manual (transmission codes: 012, 01W)
● 5-speed automatic (transmission code: 01V)
● 6-speed manual (transmission code: 01E)
● Covers Passat, Passat wagon and 4motion models built on the B5 platform.
● Large step-by-step maintenance section.
● Engine and cylinder head service, including timing belt and camshaft replacement.
● Component testing, removal and installation for engine lubrication, cooling, and exhaust systems.
● Fuel supply service, including fuel pump delivery and electrical checks, EVAP system, and mechanical and electronic throttle control (E-gas).
● Fuel injection and ignition system component identification, electrical testing, technical data, and throttle valve control module adaptation using the factory scan tool.
● Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and axles.
● Repair information for ABS/EDL/ASR brake systems.
● Suspension component replacement, including struts, stabilizer bar, multi-link elements, and wheel bearings.
● Body adjustment and repairs, including doors, fenders, trim panels, bumpers, hood, lids, lights, instrument panel/dashboard, sunroof, seatbelts, and seats.
● Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C electrical component replacement and vacuum hose layout.
● Factory wiring diagrams and component locations.
● Volkswagen OBD II diagnostic trouble codes section with SAE and manufacturer defined P-codes, control module coding and readiness codes.
● Comprehensive Volkswagen factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torques.
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country. Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary. Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.
Shipping: Due to weight, a surcharge applies only to International shipments (5) read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.