Detailed Contents/Countries Covered:
The Stanley Gibbons Commonwealth Stamp Catalogue Indian Ocean is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in the stamps of this area. Information is provided at the beginning of each country covering history, early stamp issues and currency changes. This information is designed to aid the collector in identifying their stamps and also to provide an historical reference for the information contained on the stamps.
Current stamp issuing countries covered in this catalogue include:
• British Indian Ocean Territory – updated to June 2014
• Maldive Islands – 2012
• Mauritius – November 2015
• Seychelles – October 2014 Apart from the stamps of the current issuing countries, the Stanley Gibbons Indian Ocean Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest:
• British Indian Ocean Territory Parcel Post Stamp
• Madagascar: British Consular Mail
• Madagascar: British Inland Mail
• Mauritius Express Delivery, Postage Dues and Fiscals Stamps Used for Postage
• Zil Elwannyen Sesel
Key Selling Features:
• Listings for issues up to 1970 are based on the 2016 Commonwealth and British Empire Stamps catalogue; later issues have been specially updated and repriced for this catalogue.
• Illustrated in colour.
• Watermark varieties, plate flaws, major errors, perforation changes, shades, postage due stamps and booklets are all listed and priced, as are the Express Delivery and Postal Fiscal stamps of Mauritius.
• British Consular Mail and Inland Mail stamps of Madagascar listed in full.
• Handy tables allow the assessment of on-cover prices for issues up to 1945.
• Convenient size and format.
• Fully priced listing of Mauritius stamps used in Seychelles prior to the issue of their first stamps in 1890.
• Newly listed varieties include the “Damaged S” variety on the 1938 4c. of Mauritius and new inverted watermarks in Mauritius and the Maldive Islands.
• There are significant price increases to classic Mauritius, errors and varieties and middle-period issues of Mauritius and Seychelles.
• New issues fully updated.
• Helpful introductory section includes guidance on stamp condition as well as how to get the most from the catalogue.