This is a reproduction of the original factory workshop manual for the EH, HD and HR Holdens. It provides full descriptions of repair and maintenance procedures for the sedan, station wagon and utility.
● EH 1963 to 1965 6 cylinder
● HD 1965 to 9166 6 cylinder
● HR 1966 to 1968 6 cylinder
Engines covered (inline 6-cylinder OHV):
● 149 cubic inches (2442 cc) high and low compression
● 161 cubic inches (2638 cc) high and low compression
● 179 cubic inches (2933 cc)
● 179 cubic inches (2933 cc) X2
● 186 cubic inches (3048 cc)
● 186 cubic inches (3048 cc) X2
● 3-speed manual (coloumn shift, synchromesh on 2nd and 3rd gears)
● Hydramatic 3-speed automatic with 2-stage 1st gear (described as 4-speed in this manual)
● General Information
● Engine Tune-Up and Maintenance
● Starter System
● Alternator System
● Cooling System
● Ignition System
● Fuel System
● Automatic Transmission
● 3 Speed Manual Transmission
● Drive / Tail Shaft
● Rear Axle
● Front Suspension
● Rear Suspension
● Brake Systems
● Exhaust System
● Fuel Tank
● Wheels and Tyres
● Windscreen Wipers and Washers
● Instruments, Radio, Tape Player and Switches
● Lights, Switches and Battery Systems
● Electrical Wiring and Fuses
● Performance Vehicles S4 and X2.
This workshop manual is produced for the Australian market. These vehicle specifications may vary from those sold in other countries. Please be aware of these possible differences prior to using the data contained within.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.