Miaow- Cats Really are Nicer Than People is about cats; cats of all shapes, sizes and colours, and specifically about those that have shared their lives with the great and well-respected astronomer, Sir Patrick Moore CBE FRS, over a lifetime of 80 years.
This is Patrick’s very personal account of the cats who have been part of his family, beginning with Bonnie, who died at the grand old age of twenty, through to Jeannie and Ptolemy, his last two beloved felines.
The fascinating and engrossing text is complemented by personal photographs of Sir Patrick, his adored mother, Gertrude (also a cat-lover), and the many cats that have filled Patrick’s life with love and companionship.
Reveals a delightful and charming side to the man who has attained international status as a writer, researcher, radio commentator and television presenter, and who is credited with having done more than any other to raise the profile of astronomy.
● A side to Patrick Moore that’s not usually seen
● Written from firsthand experience
● Learn about Patrick’s life with his beloved cats
● Test your cat’s intelligence with Patrick’s quiz!
● Read of the antics of Jeannie and Ptolemy; the two felines that lived with Sir Patrick
● The two pampered pusses had their very own ‘cat garden’
● Patrick Moore is the Patron of Cat Action Trust and longstanding supporter of the Cats Protection ● League
● Spans a lifetime of over 80 years!