Mercedes-Benz SLK R170 Series 1996 - 2004 reveals the full history of the first generation Mercedes-Benz SLK, covering in detail the German, US, UK, Australian and Japanese markets. The perfect book to grace a Mercedes-Benz enthusiasts’ library shelf, it’s the definitive record of the model illustrated with stunning photographs.
The first in a series of SLK titles, this detailed volume, written with the full co-operation of Mercedes-Benz, reveals the full history of the first generation ‘Sportlich, Leicht und Kurz’ – the SLK. Starting with an introduction to, and history of, the Mercedes-Benz marque, it shows the SLK concept cars, and provides full coverage of all the SLK R170 production models and the optional extras that were sold with them. Also included are comprehensive appendices describing year-by-year changes, engine specifications, standard colours, trim options and production numbers.
● Full history of the R170 SLK
● Written with Mercedes-Benz’ full co-operation
● All major markets covered in detail
● Options and colour guides included
● Contemporary photography, mostly in colour
● Features brochures and contemporary adverts
● In-depth appendices
● An ideal detailing guide
● First in a series of SLK model titles
● Written by a much respected motoring historian