Beginning with a look at the SL model's heritage, this book describes the full development and production history of a modern classic. Covering available models in all the major markets, year-by-year, and including limited editions, the data is supported by contemporary illustrations, sourced from the factory, plus in-depth appendices.
As time goes by, older SLs have tended to fall into the hands of collectors, often becoming too valuable or rare to use on a daily basis. The R230-series, however, launched just over a decade ago, allows the enthusiast to enjoy a genuine modern classic – a car that, thanks to its bloodlines, is guaranteed a place in automotive history.
Covers the following vehicles:
SL55 AMG (2002-2011)
SL65 AMG (2004-2011)
SL63 AMG (2008-2009)
With very few books written covering the newer SL models, this book – the fourth volume in a series by Brian Long and Veloce Publishing covering all Mercedes SL models – brings the complete story of the R230 to life.
An invaluable resource, it is not only the ideal reference work – both for fans of the Stuttgart marque, and for those looking for originality in their own car – but, with its stunning photography, and contemporary material gathered from all over the world, also makes a true connoisseur’s coffee table book.
● The full history of the R230 SL models
● Home market models are covered in great detail
● Covers export markets, including the US, UK and Japan
● Detailed appendices
● Contemporary photography helps with future restorations
● Contemporary brochures and adverts reproduced
● Includes an in-depth look at the SL precursors to the R230
● Written by a recognised motoring author and historian
● Produced with the full co-operation of the factory
● Fourth in an established series of SL books by Veloce Publishing