At last, and from renowned motoring writer Brian Long, the history of the hugely popular Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen is revealed. Produced in SWB and LWB guises, and including station wagons, vans, convertibles, and a large number of specials, over 200,000 examples of the series have been sold since its release in 1979.
Now, thanks to the full co-operation of the Stuttgart factory, this book covers each and every variant from a worldwide sales perspective. Packed full of detail and contemporary colour photography, this is the first time such comprehensive information has been presented in English, making it the perfect book for G-Wagen enthusiasts and followers of Mercedes lore.
● Introduction and acknowledgements
● Chapter 1: The three-pointed star
● Chapter 2: Birth of the G-Wagen
● Chapter 3: The early production models
● Chapter 4: Refining the breed
● Chapter 5: A new chapter
● Chapter 6: Pure class
● Chapter 7: Further evolution
● Chapter 8: Another new era
● Appendix - Model line-up and production figures