Audi A6 Electrical (C5 Platform) 1998 - 2000 Wiring Manual covers
A6 Sedan 1998-2000
A6 Avant 1999-2000
allroad quattro 2000
This manual leverages the actual wiring diagrams produced by the factory
2.7L V6 biturbo (code: APB)
2.8L V6 (code: AHA, ATQ)
4.2L V8 (code: ART)
Manual Transmissions covered:
01A 5-speed quattro
01E 6-speed quattro
Automatic Transmissions covered:
01L 5-speed quattro with Tiptronic
01V 5-speed quattro with Tiptronic
01V 5-speed front wheel drive with Tiptronic.
● Coverage of USA and Canadian specification vehicles:
- A6 Sedan, including quattro 1998-2000
- A6 Avant, including quattro 1999-2000
- allroad quattro 2000
● Wiring diagram index listing by model year and system.
● Detailed instructions for reading wiring diagrams, identification of symbols and repair of wiring harnesses.
● Full page wiring diagrams for standard and optional electrical equipment and systems.
● Component location table and applicable component location illustrations.
● Readiness code setting procedures for engine management systems.
● Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) identification for OBD II mandated powertrain systems with corresponding factory DTC.
● Control module coding tables for powertrain, body and information systems.
SECTION WD: WIRING DIAGRAMS
● Section Index
● 1998 A6, Individual Wiring Diagram Index
● 1999 A6, Individual Wiring Diagram Index
● 2000 A6, Individual Wiring Diagram Index
● How To Use Wiring Diagrams
● Warnings And Cautions
● Wiring Diagram Layout
● How To Read Wiring Diagrams
● Symbols Used In Wiring Diagrams
SECTION CL: COMPONENT LOCATIONS
● How To Use Component Locations
● Component Location Identification Table
● Fuse And Relay Panels, Control Modules
● Automatic Headlight Beam Adjusting, With HID Headlight System
● Central Locking System, Sedan And Avant (M.Y. 2000)
● Connector Station, A-Pillar, Left Side
● Connector Station, A-Pillar, Right Side
● Relay Panel Behind Instrument Panel On Central Carrier
● E-Box In Plenum Chamber
● Connector Station In Plenum Chamber
● Parking Aid, Sedan And Avant (M.Y. 2000)
● Level Control System, Sedan And Avant (M.Y. 2000)
● Ground Connection Locations
SECTION ST: SCAN TOOL
● Data Link Connector, Scan Tool Connection
● Diagnostic Trouble Code Table
● Diagnostic Scan Tool Suppliers
● Control Module Coding
● Readiness Codes
● V.A.G. 1551/1552 Operating Overview Flow Chart
SECTION ER: ELECTRICAL REPAIR
● Wiring Harness Design
● Crimped Terminals, Visual Checks
● Seals, Visual Checks
● Wiring Repairs
● Stabilant 22A
● Wiring Harness Repair Kit VAS 1978
This manual has been prepared using factory wiring diagrams, electrical component location information and scan tool diagnostics. Whether you’re a professional service technician or a do-it-yourself Audi owner, this manual will be indispensable as a source of the same detailed electrical system information available at an authorized Audi dealer.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.