by Staff Of The Star With Mercedes-Benz Club of America
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$81.00 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 8213-9373 to order by telephone
Quote order code RB-GMCC
Mercedes-Benz Technical Companion - Technical insights on service, repair, maintenance and procedures compiled from over 45 years of The Star, the magazine of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America.
Since 1956, informed Mercedes-Benz owners have relied upon The Star, the magazine of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America, for advice about maintenance, service and repair of their cars. This is a collection of some of the best of these do-it-yourself articles and tech tips.
Mercedes-Benz models covered:
● 190D, 190E, 190SL
● 220D, 220S, 220SE
● 230, 230S, 230SL
● 250, 250S, 250SE, 250SL
● 280E, 280CE, 280S, 280SE, 280SEL, 280SL
● 300CD, 300CE, 300D, 300E, 300SD, 300SDL, 300SE, 300SEL, 300TD, 300TE, 350SD, 350SL
● 400E, 450SE, 450SEL, 450SL
● 500SE, 500SEL, 560SEL
● E300D, E320
● E420, E430
● ML320, S320
● S420, S420
● Technical and Restoration Forum: questions and answers on subjects such as bleeding brakes, aligning headlights, choosing fuel and preparing a vehicle for storage.
● Maintenance and preservation procedures from resetting the service indicator lights to washing and waxing your car.
● Heating and air-conditioning system repair including rebuilding the automatic climate control push button unit and converting from R-12 to R-134a.
● Driving tips, including the difference between torque and horsepower, and tire selection. You will even find informative diagrams showing oversteer, understeer and vehicle dynamics.
● Step-by-step instructions on how to replace shock absorbers and air suspension bellows.
● How to choose a shop for maintaining and repairing your Mercedes-Benz.
● Fixes for vacuum door locks, mechanical clocks and trip odometers.
● Extensive model, chassis number, engine number and production year reference charts: 1946 - 2005.
● Detailed electronic component repairs, such as the Becker Electronic Grand Prix radio and the W210 E-Class seat control switch.
● Lubrication and Maintenance
● Engine and Transmission
● Fuel and Exhaust
● Electrical System
● Body and Interior
● Suspension, Steering, Tyres and Wheels
● Heating and Air Conditioning
● Care and Preservation
Black & White photographs & Illustrations
Questions about book from customers:
Will this book show me how to work on my vacuum doors in my 300SE 1992 model?
Answer: This tech companion has technical articles from a Mercedes club magazine reprinted into one book. It does have article on fixes for the vacuum door locks. This book is more of general tips for all Mercedes, rather than specific instructions for an exact model. So you might be better with an actual workshop manual for your car.
Shipping: Due to weight, a surcharge applies only to International shipments (2) read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.