Growing Vines to Make Wines is a fully updated amalgamation of two previously published titles - Growing Vines (1972) and Wines from your Vines (1974). It is concise, yet detailed, and covers all aspects from planting the vines through cropping and vinification to enjoying the final product.
● History of Vine Growing in England
● Vine Varieties
● Site Soil and Spacing
● Planting, Training and Pruning
● Vine Pests and Maladies
● Vines in Pots or Tubs
● Vines under Glass or Plastic
● Winery and Cellar
● Preparation of the Must
● Stabilisation and Preparation of the Bottle
● Bottling, Maturing and Storage
● Dessert, Sparkling and Pomace Wine
● Conversion Tables
The quality of English wine is constantly improving and this book will help the amateur to produce high-quality wine from home-grown grapes providing the right varieties are used and the simple rules followed.