This guide to making and reading technical workshop drawings explains the rules of the trade and the reasons they are important, and gives details of engineering "conventions". The topics covered include: the rules and "grammar" of drawing, the conventions of "projection", hidden details and sections, dimensioning, conventional representation, tolerances, machine marks, making drawings and sketches, reading drawings, developments and intersections, metric and imperial drawings, theory of orthographic projection, standard paper sizes, and answers to problems.
● Rules and Grammar of Drawing
● Conventions of Projection
● Hidden Details and Sections
● Conventional Representation
● Machining Marks
● Making Drawings and Sketches
● Reading Drawings
● Developments and Intersections
● Metric and Imperial Drawings
● Theory of Orthographic Projection
● Standard Sizes of Drawing Paper
There are photographs and technical drawings to illustrate the text.