The Unimat 3 was a well made and enormously popular lathe; when equipped with a range of accessories it is still an excellent machine for smaller modelling and experimental jobs; it will accomplish in miniature what many larger machines are capable of and will provide the owner with enormous satisfaction.
● A Milling Table
● Cheap and Cheerful Tap Wrenches
● 90mm Face Plate
● Adjustable Toolpost
● Inexpensive Tungsten Carbide Tooling
● Attachments for Dial Gauges
● Tailstock Supports and Accessories
● Punches. Off-Hand Grinding Attachment
● Simple Indexing Set-Up
● Small Fabricated Machine Vice
● Fine Adjuster for a Digital Caliper
● Headstock Raising Block
Bob Loader has become an authority on the Unimat mini-lathe, developing numerous accessories and techniques to assist the model engineer in getting the best from the machine. The projects described here increase the scope of the machine and advise on the performance of a number of tricky operations. Invaluable to all Unimat owners.