This book follows on from the same author's introduction to the Mini-Lathe (Workshop Practice Series No. 43) and presents a series of projects which are intended to extend the versatility of this little machine. In some cases, additional machining capacity will be required, which some readers may find at their local model engineering club.
Mini-lathe Tools and Projects covers the Mark 2 Mini-Lathe, and specific tools such as the radius turning attachment, the tailstock and the dividing head, and includes techniques such as taper turning and knurling.
● The Mark 2 Mini-Lathe
● Improving the Radius Turning Attachment
● Tailstock "Off centre" for taper turning
● Mini- Lathe saddle Adjustment
● Taper Turning Attachment
● Lever Feed for the Tailstock
● Multi-Position Saddle Stop
● Four Way Tailstock Turret
● Long Cross Slide
● Five Way Tailstock Turret
● Dividing Head - Simple
● Dividing Head with worm
● Pump Centre
● Simple Double Ended Tailstock Dieholder
Whilst specifically written for the Mini-Lathe, some of the projects in this book can equally be applied to other small model engineering lathes and in many cases the concepts can be scaled to suit other equipment.