How to blueprint any 4-cylinder, 4-stroke engine's short block for maximum performance and reliability. Covers choosing components, crank and rod bearings, pistons, camshafts and much more.
A complete practical guide on how to blueprint (optimise all aspects of specification) any 4-cylinder, four-stroke engine's short block to obtain maximum performance and reliability without wasting money on over-specced parts.
Includes choosing components, crankshaft & conrod bearings, cylinder block, connecting rods, pistons, piston to valve clearances, camshaft, engine balancing, timing gear, lubrication system, professional check-build procedures and much more.
● Applies to all 4-cylinder car engines (except diesel & two-stroke)
● Essential reading for millions of car owners looking for more power
● Expert advice in non-technical English accompanied by clear photos & line illustrations
● Saves money by eliminating techniques that don’t work and by maximising the use of standard components
● Written by a professional competition engine builder
● Part of the very successful SpeedPro series