The definitive history of Leica's SLRs, showing how they evolved from the SLs into a technological tour de force.
Detailing all of the R-series models, special editions, and accessories, this is an invaluable reference book for collectors and enthusiasts alike.
Stunning contemporary and original photographs showcase the models, along with original brochures and advertising material gathered from all over the world, helping owners to establish authenticity, or simply take a trip down memory lane.
● Definitive history of Leica SLRs.
● Sales in all major markets covered in detail.
● Written by a recognized author and historian.
● Changes covered year-by-year.
● Written with the full co-operation of the factory.
● Handy reference charts throughout.
● Detailed production figures, including serial numbers.
● Unravels what is indeed a very convoluted story.
● Contemporary photography to help owners with authenticity issues.
● The author is a serious collector of old cameras.