Mark Webber is one of the unsung international stars of Australian sport. To get to the very top level of world motorsport without family wealth or substantial corporate support or contacts is a massive achievement.
To get there was one thing, to make his mark on Formula 1 has been another. Mark is an individual who remains completely grounded, and a typical Aussie, despite the rarified air and occasionally bizarre bubble that F1 drivers live in.
John Morris is an unashamed Mark Webber fan and has been on hand for nearly every race Mark has contested in Australia, both in his early Pre-F1 Career here and, of course, each of the Australian F1 Grand Prix that Mark has contested since his sensational debut in 2002.
● Introduction and Forewards
● 1998 Mercedes: A sign of things to come
● 2002 Minardi: Points on F1 debut
● 2003 Jaguar: A step ahead
● 2004 Jaguar: Unfulfilled potential
● 2005 Williams: The Sydney Harbour Bridge
● 2005 Williams: First podium
● 2006 Williams: The step back
● 2007 Red Bull Racing
● 2008 Red Bull Racing: Podium calls
● 2009 Red Bull Racing: Victory
● 2010 Red Bull Racing: Great Expectations
● The Teammates
● For the record
This is John's tribute to a greatly admired Australian sportsman. He captures the colour and essence of a young man on the way up.and in a hurry.