Ford D Series Petrol & Diesel Truck 1974 - 1980 Factory Repair Manual covers the following engines:
● Petrol: 4.9 litre OHV 6 cylinder (Normal & Heavy Duty)
● Diesel: 4.2 litre OHV 4 cylinder
● Diesel: 6.0 litre OHV 6 cyl incl. Turbo
● Diesel: 6.2 litre OHV 6 cyl incl. Turbo
● Vehicle Identification
● Wheels & Tyres
● Braking System
● Front Axles & Suspension
● Rear Axle, Suspension & Driveline Assembly
● Manual Transmission & Clutch (Ford 4-310 Four Speed)
● Ignition System
● Fuel System
● Cooling System
● Exhaust System
● Starting System
● Charging System
● Exterior Lights, Direction Indicators, Horns & Windscreen Wipers
● Instruments, Instrument Panel Controls & Sender Units
● Wiring Diagrams
● Doors & Hoods
● Windows & Operating Mechanisms
● Interior & Exterior Trim, Seats
● Pre-Delivery Schedule
● Scheduled Maintenance Proceedures
This manual also covers all Australian Ford D series 1976 models with the 365ci (6.0-litre) diesel engine as well.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.
Factory repair manuals are the same manuals as those used by the dealers.
As they are primarily intended for dealer use the manufacturers usually release a base repair manual when a new model is introduced (either a single manual, multi-volume set or separate volumes) and then release supplementary manuals as the model changes, for example a model facelift or introduction of a new engine.
Supplements generally cover only changes to the model and are intended to be used in conjunction with the base repair manual(s).
For full coverage you will need the base repair manual and all relevant supplements up to the date your model was manufactured.