In "How to Supercharge & Turbocharge GM LS-Series Engines" supercharger and turbocharger design and operation are covered in detail, so the reader has a solid understanding of each type and can select the best system for his particular budget, engine, and application. The attributes of Roots-type and centrifugal-type superchargers as well as turbochargers are extensively discussed to establish a solid base of knowledge.
Benefits and drawbacks of each system as well as the impact of those systems on the vehicle are explained. Cathedral, square, and D-shaped port design heads are covered in terms of performance, as well as strength and reliability of the rotating assembly, block, and other components. Finally, Kluczyk explains how to adjust electronic management systems to accommodate a supercharger or turbocharger.
● LS Engines and Forced Induction
● Supergharger Types and Selection
● Turbocharger Types and Selection
● Kit Pre-Installation
● Supercharger Installation Projects
● Turbocharger Installation Projects
● Tuning for Supercharged and Turbocharged Engines
● Building an LS Engine Cylinder Block and Rotating Assembly
● Building an LS Engine: Heads, Cam and Induction
● Forced-Induction Support and Auxillary Components
Also covered in detail are the installation challenges, necessary tools, and the time required to do the job. Once the system has been installed, the book covers tuning, maintenance, and how to avoid detonation so the engine stays healthy.