Everyday on the roads, emergencies happen without warning. This well-illustrated book gives practical advice for those driving situations that we all hope will never happen. Authoritative advice on how to cope with various roadside emergencies is given by the Police, Fire, and Ambulance emergency services, some drawing from personal experiences.
Basic roadside first-aid advice is outlined, as well as suggestions about safety equipment that should be carried in a vehicle. Being a lone driver brings its own practical problems, and this book shows how to avoid trouble, and situations that can occur in remote car parks. The more recent crime of car-jacking is examined and precautionary steps suggested. Where relevant, basic legal advice relating to the responsibilities of everyone that may be involved in driving emergencies is offered.
● Content validated by UK Police, Fire, and Ambulance emergency services
● Gives authoritative advice on how to cope with various emergencies
● Suggests safety equipment that should be carried in your vehicle
● Provides practical advice for lone drivers
● Advice on roadside first aid procedures
● Addresses how to prevent car-jacking
● Advises how to avoid security problems in car parks
● Contains legal advice, where necessary
● Draws on personal experiences from a variety of sources
● Covers those driving situations that we all hope will never happen