A gloriously British blend of elegance and eccentricity, ‘Pub2Pub’ is the official account of the longest journey ever made by a British sports car – a 27,000 mile odyssey from the northernmost bar on the planet, to the southernmost, crossing countries, continents and cultures.
There’s popping out for a quick pint, and then there’s this – a gloriously preposterous 27,000 mile journey across 25 countries to grab a beer in pubs (bars) at opposite ends of the world. We’re talking an epic adventure, from an abandoned Soviet mine 700 miles from the North Pole, to a remote pub at South America’s southernmost tip. A journey undertaken in a TVR sports car, a car that many might consider untrustworthy just to drive to the shops.
The journey packed a lot into its eight months. From braving the sheer drops of Bolivia’s Death Road, to drag racing the locals in Texas. From roaring across flooded salt flats, to sailing the straits of Magellan. From the highs of the planet’s best driving roads, to the lows of life in No-Man’s-Land, trapped between borders by red tape and bureaucracy. And from looking out for Polar Bears in the High Arctic, to dodging penguins in Tierra del Fuego. The story of the Pub2Pub Expedition is an inspirational account of where your dreams can take you if only you believe in them.
Chronicling the epic journey made by Ben Coombs in his TVR Chimaera, this book is both an exciting adventure and a fascinating snapshot of the life and culture of the countries that he drove through.
● The true story of the longest journey ever made by a sports car
● A 27,000 mile odyssey from the northernmost bar on the planet, to the southernmost
● Travel through 25 countries, 3 continents and several oceans
● Taking in every landscape imaginable, from the High Arctic to Bolivia’s Death Road
● All undertaken in a TVR Chimaera named ‘Kermit’
● Probably the boldest journey ever undertaken in a classic British sports car
● Offering a unique glimpse into the cutting edge of automotive adventure
● Demonstrating just what’s possible with a sports car, gaffa tape and determination
● Providing a unique insight into different cultures and landscapes
● Showing the world that actually, the most reliable sports car is a TVR!