by Adrian Streather
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$118.14 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 9057 4158 to order by telephone
Quote order code PORNINISEV
This book on the Porsche 911 (997) is the fifth of six planned in The Essential Companion series, and the fourth with Veloce Publishing.
It carries on the tradition established with Adrian Streather s first Porsche 911 book on the 964 series, and contains everything a 997 owner needs to know, plus a lot more.
The 997 series was the first to be fitted with Japanese-manufactured transmissions; this then-new technology, and the transmission details, is explained in depth.
All other new technology advancements installed into the first generation 997 are also described, along with details of all the advantages and improvements the 997 has over previous 911 series. Every 2004 to 2012 model year version is described, along with the 3.6- and 3.8-litre engines, and the associated engine management software combinations for the many different national variants.
In other words, no matter where on the planet a 997 owner resides, their version of the car is covered in this book.
● A complete Historical review of the 2004 to 2012 997 series
● How to identify and authenticate a 997
● What to look for when purchasing
● How to service the 997
● A description of the engine, engine management and cooling systems
● Details of transmission, running gear, traction enhancement, wheels and tyres
● Full explanation of installed electronic systems
● How to troubleshoot and repair the 997
● How to improve engine performance, aerodynamics and handling
● A complete review of the 997 on the race track
● Warnings and Cautions
● Foreword by Grant Larson
● Chapter 1 - Excellence delivered
● Chapter 2 - Purchase and Ownership
● Chapter 3 - Engines
● Chapter 4 - Engine Systems
● Chapter 5 - Transmissions
● Chapter 6 - Running Gear, wheels and tyres
● Chapter 7 - The Body
● Chapter 8 - Systems
● Chapter 9 - Troubleshooting
● Chapter 10 - DIY Home Mechanic
● Chapter 11 - Enhancing Performance
● Chapter 12 - Maintaining the Legacy
● Appendix A - identification Data
● Appendix B - Option Codes
● Appendix C - Diagnostic Codes
● Appendix D - But what does it all mean?
Shipping: Due to weight, a surcharge applies only to International shipments (3) read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.