by Jim Wangers
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$80.00 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 9057 4158 to order by telephone
Quote order code RB-GGTS
Winner of the prestigious 1998 MOTO Gold Award for Autobiographical Writing presented by the International Automotive Media Conference! The automobile industry is one of the most capital- and marketing-intensive industries in the world today.
Common wisdom states that the keys to sales success in the industry are no different than in any other: brand management, product positioning, and brand imaging. But what do these commonly traded buzzwords really mean, and how do they translate into a successful brand campaign?
● Getting the Fever
- Finding a true calling: working with cars and marketing them.
● Learning the Ropes
- At Kaiser, learning what a good tie-in promotion requires - but not enough power to buck the system.
● Early Successes...and Failures
- First ignored, then tolerated, product knowledge leads to Chevrolet success; arrogance to a job loss.
● Temporary Insider
- A chance to work at Chrysler gives experience as the client, but happiness is fleeting
● A Player on the "Hot" Team
- A move to Pontiac, where big changes are redefining the car, marketing ideas win power
● The Royal Treatment
- How Royal Pontiac made "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" work, all the way to an NHRA drag racing win
● Forging the Bonds
- The final players take their place for the start of the musclecar era, as the GTO is born
● The Tiger Learns to Roar
- Firing on all cylinders: GTO marketing ranges from magazines to shoes to breakfast cereal to Tigers to Monkees
● Shifting Gears
- Major changes in corporate policies force a rethinking of marketing strategies
● Judge...and judgement
- As the GTO reaches its apogee, the author falls victim to corporate politics
● Dealing Myself Out
- Adventures at Hurst; how running a dealership is not the same as marketing cars
● Nothing but Sizzle
- Take one car, add stripes, a spoiler, a wheel package and paint, and presto! a new model
● The Consultant
- Building a business out of performance comparisons
● Why the Tiger Roared
- Marketing and brand management in today’s environment, and how the Wide-Track concept would fare today
● Afterword: Preserving the Legend
- The importance of the car hobby today
Shipping: Due to weight, a surcharge applies only to International shipments (4) read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.