Corky Bell, the author of the best selling Maximum Boost, has done it again with the publication of Supercharged! Design, Testing and Installation of Supercharger Systems.
Superchargers have become one of the most popular performance bolt on products for all engine sizes from the diminutive, but powerful, Honda and other import four cylinder engines, to Porsche and BMW engines, and Detroits V6s and V8s.
● The Purpose of Supercharging
● Acquiring a Supercharged Vehicle
● The Physics of Producing Power
● The Balance of Heat
● The Roots Supercharger
● The Centrifugal Supercharger
● The Screw Compressor Supercharger
● Intake Manifold
● Electronic Fuel Injection
● Events in the Chamber
● Secondary Components
● Mounting the Supercharger
● Drive Mechanisms
● Preparing the Engine
● Testing the System
● The Outer Limits of Power
● Designing a Supercharger System
● Implementing the Design
● Installing a Supercharger Kit
For an enthusiast to be able to bolt on a system that not only works but is reliable has always been a mystic art. This is no longer the case! Clear and comprehensive information on how to select, size and install a successful and reliable supercharger system is provided in full detail.
For anyone interested in installing a supercharger system, or just learning about them, 'Supercharged! Designing, Testing, and Installation Of Supercharger Systems is a must have book!