Modifying the Electronics of Modern Classic Cars covers everything from cheap modifications that allow you to adjust engine fuelling and ignition timing, to modifying car systems like power steering and even stability control. Easy upgrades to lighting, sound systems and the dashboard – right through to fitting and tuning programmable engine management. Photos and circuit diagrams guide you each step of the way.
All the car modifications are practical, and have been tried and tested by the author. From a 660cc turbo front-wheel drive screaming to 8500rpm on standard engine management but with big injectors… to a DOHC V8 rear-wheel drive with modified traction control… to a twin-turbo all-wheel drive with a custom torque split controller. Even modifying the re-gen braking on a hybrid!
This book is essential reading for anyone who wants to exploit the true electronic potential of their 1990s-2000s cars.
Written by a hands-on modifier, who has fitted and tuned programmable engine management, developed electronic automotive kits, and has undertaken cutting-edge electronic modifications, including hybrid cars.
● Full installations with hundreds of step-by-step photos
● From simple to advanced – modifying your car’s electronics
● Low cost tweaks to change engine fuelling and ignition timing
● Using engine management interceptors
● Fitting and tuning programmable engine management
● Modifying the weight of power steering assistance
● Improving safety, security and convenience
● Upgrading sound systems and lighting
● Fitting a programmable digital dashboard
● Essential reading if you want to modify the electronics of your car