Toyota Hilux/4 Runner (LN Series) Diesel 1979 - 1997 Owners Service & Repair Manual
covers the Toyota Hilux and 4 Runner, 1977 to 1997, LN series, with diesel engine, 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive.Models covered:
● RN 20 (up to 1977 Hilux), RN 30 & RN 40 Series - Up to 1983 Hilux. Engine Data: 12R OHV, 18R SOHC, 20R DOHC
● YN, LN 50's and 60's Series 1983 - 1988 Hilux. Engine Data: 1Y, 1Y-C, 2Y, 2Y-C, 3Y and 3Y-C OHV Engines. Diesel: L and 2L
● YN, RN, and LN 120's and 130's Series 1989 on - Hilux. Engine Data: 3Y, 3Y-C, 4Y, 4Y-C and 4Y-E OHV Engines, 21R and 22R, 3VZ Engine. Diesel 2L and 3L
● YN, RN, VZN and LN 120's and 130's Series 1989 to 1997 - 4 Runner. Engine Data: 3Y, 3Y-C, 4Y, 4Y-C and 4Y-E OHV Engines, 21R and 22R, 3VZ Engine. Diesel 2L, 2LT (Turbo) and 3L
Although this manual covers Australian models it is also a valuable resource for the Japanese Domestic Market Toyota Surf with 2.4-litre (2L-TE) diesel engine. For Surf's with 3.0-litre (1KZ-TE) diesel engine see EP-T034
● General Information
● Engine Tune-Up and Maintenance
● Emission System
● Engine Maintenance and Rebuild
● Starter System
● Alternator System
● Cooling System
● Diesel Fuel System
● Turbo Charger
● Manual Transmission: "G", "W"
● Automatic Transmissions: A430H, A42D, A43D, A42DL, A43DL and A43DE
● Drive / Tail Shaft and Universal Joints
● Rear Axle and Differentials
● Front Suspension
● Rear Suspension
● Exhaust System
● Fuel Tank
● Wheels and Tyres
● Windscreen Wipers and Washers
● Heating and Air Conditioner System
● Lights, Switches and Battery Systems
● Electrical Wiring and Fuses.
This Repair Manual is a comprehensive aftermarket source of technical information available. These workshop manuals are produced for the Australian market. The vehicle specifications may vary from those sold in other countries. Please be aware of these possible differences prior to using the data contained within.
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.