This 'Mini Cooper Diagnosis Without Guesswork 2002-2006' handbook is a diagnostic manual written for the professional technician and the Mini enthusiast.
Not intended to be a repair manual, this handbook is your comprehensive source for engine management and on-board system diagnosis.
• Diagnostic tools and techniques
• Component descriptions and operation
• Circuit wiring schematics
• Pinout charts, waveforms, and nominal values
• Bus system operation and testing
• OBD II P-code (DTC) lookup
For the Mini technician with advanced automotive test equipment, the circuit descriptions, pinout charts, wiring schematics, scope traces, and real-world nominal values will prove essential in diagnosing problem cars.
● Diagnostic Tools and Techniques (Gr. 01)
● Engine Management (Gr. 13)
● Fuel Supply System (Gr. 16)
● Automatic Transmission (Gr. 24)
● Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering (Gr. 32)
● Tyre Pressure Monitoring (Gr. 36)
● Bus Systems (Gr. 61)
● Electronic Immobilization System - EWS (Gr. 65)
● On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II)
Even if you own only a generic OBD-II scan tool, a DVOM and a set of jumper wires, this book will help provide fast answers and guidance as it steps you through the diagnostic process.
General information on Owner's Handbooks
Owner's handbooks are designed to aquaint you with the features of the vehicle.
They usually include driving tips, instruments and controls, in case of emergency, and basic maintenance requirements.
Owner's handbooks are not workshop manuals. They do not include information on how to repair or service the vehicle.