One man’s real-life experience of motorcycling solo around the globe – no back-up teams, no spare bikes, no film crews – just him and his Yamaha Ténéré XT660, travelling 42,000 miles through 6 continents and 35 countries, seeing amazing things; meeting fascinating people; experiencing different cultures, and coping with extremely challenging conditions.
This book is not only proof that anyone can do it, but also a practical guide to motorcycling round the world: what to do first; what to plan for, and how to cope with the unexpected. Featuring nearly 700 stunning, inspirational images of the places, people and events of our wonderful world (which make you want to experience them for yourself!), the book also contains route maps, points of interest, and practical guidance on freighting a motorcycle.
An eye-opening, absorbing and pragmatic account – described pictorially and by informal, straightforward commentary – of motorcycling around the world.
● A practical guide to motorcycling round the world
● Nearly seven hundred stunning photographs
● Planning section so riders can prepare for a similar trip
● Simple cost-effective bike modifications
● Pictorial diary of the trip featuring all countries visited
● Details of the ups & downs and dangers encountered
● One man’s real experience – no back up teams, no spare bikes, no film crews
● One month riding through China (few have done this)
● Practical guidance on freighting the bike
● Details of cultural challenges experienced