Supplement to the factory repair manual for the Nissan Civilian Bus, W40 series, from August 1995. Covers models with VIN from JN10RGW40A0200501 (standard wheelbase) or JN10RYW40A0200501 (long wheelbase with air suspension).
● General Information
● Engine Mechanical (various detail changes to engine, specification and servicing data)
● Engine Lubrication and Cooling Systems (changes to vacuum pump lubrication circuit, oil pump bushing and cooling fan electrical circuit)
● Engine Fuel (changes to injection timing with VE-type injection pump and wiring of auto stop system)
● Clutch (changes to clutch operating system and clutch release mechanism lubrication)
● Front Axle and Suspension (changes to vehicle height sensor and air suspension control unit, trouble diagnoses for air suspension)
● Brake System (numerous changes)
● Steering System (numerous changes)
● Body (wiring diagrams and schematics for folding and swing doors)
● Heater and Air Conditioning (trouble diagnosis and schematic/wiring diagrams)
● Electrical System (changes to wiring diagrams for the power supply, charging system, quick-glow system, lighting, gauges, warning lamps, wiper/washer, horn, cigarette lighter and clock)
There is no information included in this supplement on the Engine Control, Fuel and Exhaust Systems, Manual or Automatic Transmission, Transfer, Propeller Shaft and Differential Carrier, Rear Axle and Suspension. For information on these systems you will need to refer back to earlier manuals (see below).
Intended to be used in conjunction with the base repair manual and earlier supplements:
Base Manual - SM2EF2H4G0
SD Series Engine Supplement - SM3E00SDG0
Supplement 1 (out of print)
Supplement 2 - SM4EFHWSG0
Supplement 3 - SM9EF2HSG0
Supplement 4 - SM1EW40SA0
Supplement 5 - SM9E0W41G0
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.
Factory repair manuals are the same manuals as those used by the dealers.
As they are primarily intended for dealer use the manufacturers usually release a base repair manual when a new model is introduced (either a single manual, multi-volume set or separate volumes) and then release supplementary manuals as the model changes, for example a model facelift or introduction of a new engine.
Supplements generally cover only changes to the model and are intended to be used in conjunction with the base repair manual(s).
For full coverage you will need the base repair manual and all relevant supplements up to the date your model was manufactured.