Want to go on a trackday, but don’t know where to start? From the most suitable type of car to buy on your budget, to how to target modifications to make your car more fun, safer, and faster on the track, Trackday Car Preparation is the perfect place to start. Taking you step-by-step through the process of upgrading your car, whilst keeping a keen eye on your wallet, this book starts with cheap or even free mods that improve your car’s speed and reliability, and progresses up to the ‘big-buck’ upgrades that can give you the ultimate track thrill.
It also looks at the pros and cons of using an ex-race car on trackdays. Fully colour illustrated, and showing modifications installed and in action, this guide also gives advice on the different trackday companies around and what they have to offer. Offering tips on insurance, trackdays abroad, and circuit driving techniques, this guide covers everything you need to know get the most from your trackday, no matter what your budget.
● Make your car faster, safer and more reliable
● Categorises upgrades by cost, importance and relevance
● Covers all budgets, from ‘bargain basement’ to top-line race cars
● Explains why and how specific upgrades work
● Looks at the pros and cons of using an ex-race car
● Covers the key points of track driving techniques
● Shows the best order in which to perform upgrades
● Details different trackday providers
● Investigates insurance and its benefits
● Looks at the best cars to buy on various budgets