A vintage reprint of original Volkswagen service and repair information for air cooled Volkswagen 1200 models sold in the USA and Canada.
Volkswagen 1200 1961 - 1965 Workshop Manual is a historical record of the illustrations and procedures for routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and rebuilding.
Air-cooled Volkswagens (Type 11, 14, 15) covered:
● Volkswagen Type 11 Beetle Sedan
● Volkswagen Type 14 Karmann Ghia Coupe
● Volkswagen Type 15 Beetle Convertible
● Volkswagen Type 141 Karmann Ghia Convertible
Engines covered in this Volkswagen repair manual:
● Volkswagen Air-cooled Type 1 "upright" engine 1192cc, 36hp
Transmissions covered in this Volkswagen repair manual:
● Volkswagen fully synchronized 4-speed manual transmission
● 1200 (1192 cc) engine, 40 hp, with and without fresh air heating.
● Engine bench testing procedures and specifications.
● Solex 28 PICT and 28 PICT-1 carburetors.
● Full synchromesh transmission.
● Automatic clutch.
● Disc brakes.
● Sliding fabric and steel sunroofs.
● Convertible top repair, replacement and adjustment.
● Frame, floor and body panel repair. All measurements and detailed cutting, alignment and welding instructions. Painting preparation and procedures.
● 6 and 12-volt electrical systems, with listing of 6-volt components converted to 12 volts.
● Electrical wiring diagrams for Beetle and Karmann Ghia.
● Factory changes and updates are noted in the text by manufacturing date, chassis number, engine number and part number.
● Explanations of the operation of vehicle systems, with exploded views, cutaways and diagrams.
● Required workshop equipment, tools, and equipment for local manufacture listings.
● Troubleshooting tables for clutch, automatic clutch, carburetor, fuel system, steering, brakes, generator, starter, and wipers.
Table of Contents:
● Engine and Clutch
● Fuel System
● Front Axle and Steering
● Rear Axle
● Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
● Lubrication and Maintenance
● Technical Data
● Electrical System
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.