Volkswagen VW Super Beetle, Beetle & Karmann Ghia (Type 1) 1970 - 1979 Owners Service & Repair Manual covers Beetles, Super Beetles, VW Convertibles and Karmann Ghias for the model years 1970 through 1979.
The 30 PICT-3, 34 PICT-3 and 34 PICT-4 carburetors are described in detail.
● Tune-up and oil change: specifications and procedures for models, up through the latest 1979 cars.
● Troubleshooting, replacing or repairing electrical system components, including complete wiring diagrams.
● Troubleshooting and repair of the electronic fuel injection system used on 1975 and later models.
● Troubleshooting, repairing and rebuilding the clutch, manual transmission and Automatic Stick Shift.
● Rebuilding the carburetor - including the 1974 California-only carburetor.
● Rebuilding disc and drum brakes.
● Rebuilding the front axle and steering gearbox.
● Strut front suspension for the Super Beetle and Convertible-including the suspension modifications of 1974 through 1979 models, and the rack and pinion steering of 1975 and later models.
● Spark advance curves for distributors-including the latest types.
● Emission controls-including 1974 through 1979 exhaust gas recirculation systems.
● Fuel System
● Transmission and Rear Axle
● Body and Frame
● Brakes and Wheels
● Front Axle
● Electrical System
● Strut Front Suspension
● Automatic Stick Shift
● Lubrication and Maintenance
● Fuel Injection
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.