by Robert Bentley Staff
Volkswagen Station Wagon / Bus (Type 2) 1968 - 1979 Service Manual covers Station Wagons, Panel Trucks, Pickup Trucks, Kombis and Campmobiles for the model years 1968 through 1979. This manual was created specifically to cover models built for sale in the United States and Canada.
● Tune-up and oil change: specifications and procedures for all models, up through the latest 1979 vehicles
● Troubleshooting, replacing or repairing every component of the electrical system - with complete wiring diagrams
● Troubleshooting and repair of the electronic fuel injection system used on 1975 and later models
● Troubleshooting, repairing and rebuilding the clutch, manual transmission and automatic transmission
● Rebuilding the carburetor - including dual carburetors
● Rebuilding disc and drum brakes
● Rebuilding the front axle and steering gearbox
● Comprehensive engine repair and rebuilding data - including 1978 and later engines with hydraulic valve lifters
● Spark advance curves for all distributors-including the transistorized ignition system used on 1979
● California models: Emission controls-including 1973 and later exhaust gas recirculation systems, and the 1973 and 1974 air injection system
● Adjusting passenger doors and sliding cargo doors
● Official Volkswagen tolerances, wear limits, settings and tightening torque specifications for every part of your vehicles
● Body and Frame
● Front Axle
● Fuel System
● Electrical System
● Engine and Clutch
● Transmission and Rear Axle
● Automatic Transmission
● Brakes and Wheels
● Lubrication and Maintenance
● Fuel Injection
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country. Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary. Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.