This is a workshop manual for the Volkswagen Transporter 1950 - 1962 for models sold in the USA and Canada.
Volkswagen Transporter Type 2 1950 - 1962 Workshop Manual is a reproduction of the original Volkswagen official service and repair information. This historical archive edition covers procedures for routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and rebuilding.
Air-cooled Volkswagens (Type 2) covered:
• Volkswagen Type 2 Ambulance.
• Volkswagen Type 2 Delivery Van.
• Volkswagen Type 2 Kombi.
• Volkswagen Type 2 Micro Bus.
• Volkswagen Type 2 Micro Bus De Luxe.
• Volkswagen Type 2 Pick-up.
Engines covered in this Volkswagen repair manual:
• Volkswagen Air-cooled Type 1 "upright" engine 1131cc, 25hp.
• Volkswagen Air-cooled Type 1 "upright" engine 1192cc, 36hp.
• Volkswagen Air-cooled Type 1 "upright" engine 1192cc, 40hp.
This manual covers all aspects of maintenance including the engine and cylinder head service, transmission removal, body repair and replacement procedures, wiring diagrams and much much more.
• Engine and Clutch.
• Fuel System.
• Front Axle and Steering.
• Rear Axle and Transmission.
• Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.
• Electrical System.
• Lubrication and Maintenance.
• Technical Data.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.