Volkswagen (Type 3) 1961 - 1967 Workshop Manual covers Sedan, Station Car and Karmann Ghia Coupé models sold in the USA and Canada.
Air-cooled Volkswagens (Type 3) covered:
● Volkswagen 1500
● Volkswagen 1500A
● Volkswagen 1500N
● Volkswagen 1500S
● Volkswagen 1600
● Volkswagen 1600S Sedan (Notchback and Fastback)
● Volkswagen 1600S Variant (Station Wagon)
● Volkswagen 1500 Karmann Ghia Coupe
● Volkswagen Air-cooled Type 3 "pancake" engine 1500cc
● Volkswagen Air-cooled Type 3 "pancake" engine 1600cc
● Engine and cylinder head service, repair and reconditioning, including bench testing procedures and specifications for 1500cc and 1600cc motors.
● Solex 32 PHN, 32 PHN-1 single carburetors, 32 PDSIT 2/3 dual carburetors, as well as fuel pump troubleshooting, rebuilding, and adjustment.
● Transmission removal, rebuilding, and adjustment, including early and later versions.
● Frame and floor repair with measurements and detailed cutting, alignment and welding instructions.
● Body repair and replacement procedures, including the sliding sunroof. Detailed painting preparation and procedures.
● Wiring diagrams identified by year and model.
● Running production changes and updates are noted in the text by manufacturing date, chassis number, engine number or part number.
● Detailed explanations of the various systems, with exploded views, cutaways and diagrams.
● Required workshop equipment, tools, and equipment for local manufacture listings.
● Troubleshooting tables for clutch, carburetor, fuel pump, steering, disc and drum brakes, generator, starter, and wipers.
● Maintenance and lubrication charts and procedures.
Table of Contents:
● Engine and Clutch
● Fuel System
● Front Axle and Steering
● Rear Axle and Transmission
● Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
● Electrical System
● Lubrication and Maintenance Frame Body
● Technical Data
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.