The 'Volkswagen Rabbit, GTI Service Manual: 2006-2009' is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for Rabbit and GTI models built on the A5 platform from 2006 to 2009. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your vehicle.
• 2.0L FSI turbo gasoline (engine code: BPY, CBFA, CCTA)
• 2.5L gasoline (engine code: BGP, BGQ, CBTA, CBUA)
• 0A4 5-speed manual
• 02Q 6-speed manual
• 09G 6-speed automatic
• 02E 6-speed DSG
• Covers Rabbit and GTI models 2006–2009 based on the A5 platform.
• Maintenance procedures: from oil changes to belt replacement.
• Engine and cylinder head service, including timing belt replacement for 4-cylinder engines.
• Removal and installation of Motronic fuel injection system components.
• Emission control tests, repairs and adjustments, including: Exhaust Gas Recirculation and Secondary Air Injection system.
• Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including clutch, gearshift linkage, and drive axles.
• Suspension component replacement, including ball joints, front struts, rear shocks and coil springs.
• Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement on the Climatronic and Climatic systems.
• Body adjustment and repairs, including front and rear doors, fenders, front radiator support and sunroof.
• Wiring schematics with fuse/relay locations and easy-to-use illustrated component locator section. Includes R32 wiring diagrams.
• Volkswagen OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
• Comprehensive Volkswagen factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torques
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.