Volkswagen Fastback and Squareback Service Manual (Type 3): 1968-1973 contains comprehensive repair information for the Fastback (Type 3 Sedan) and the Squareback of Model Years 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, and 1973. (Cars of each Model Year are usually introduced in August of the preceding year.) Throughout this Manual, the Fastback is usually referred to as the Type 3 Sedan. It's heavily illustrated with high quality photographs and drawings, and covers routine maintenance and service work.
● Fundamental automotive concepts, with simple explanations of basic troubleshooting, effective workshop practices and tools.
● Complete tune-up specifications for all models covered-including those with exhaust gas recirculation.
● Troubleshooting, repairing, and rebuilding the clutch.
● Testing and repairing the fuel injection system.
● Rebuilding disc and drum brakes.
● Troubleshooting, adjusting and repairing the automatic transmission.
● Rebuilding the front axle and steering gear box.
● Troubleshooting, replacing or repairing every component of the electrical system - with wiring diagrams for every model covered.
● Adjusting and repairing the sliding steel sunroof.
● Spark advance curves for all distributors.
● Complete engine repairing and rebuilding data.
● Plus the tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torque specifications that you've come to expect from Bentley manuals.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.